Torn City Guides: How to Master Crimes and Awards
Torn City is a text-based online RPG where you can explore a virtual city, interact with other players, join factions, train your stats, and commit crimes. Crimes are one of the main activities in the game, as they can provide you with cash rewards, crime experience, and awards. Awards are special honors or medals that you can earn by completing various challenges related to different aspects of the game. Some awards also grant you merits, which are points that you can use to upgrade your character.
In this guide, we will focus on how to master crimes and awards in Torn City. We will explain how crime experience works, how to increase your nerve bar, how to increase your odds of crime success, and what are the different types of crimes and awards that you can achieve.
Crime experience (CXP) is a measure of how skilled you are at committing crimes. You gain CXP by successfully completing crimes, and you lose CXP by failing crimes or getting jailed. CXP affects your chances of succeeding in crimes, as well as unlocking new types of crimes that require higher CXP levels.
You can check your CXP level by clicking on the Crime tab on the sidebar. You will see a list of crime categories, each with a CXP bar that represents your level of recommendation for that category. The higher the CXP bar, the better your chances of succeeding in that category. However, you should not attempt crimes that require more nerve than your natural nerve bar (NNB), as they are very difficult and risky.
Read also : How to Ace the Job Interviews in Torn City: A Tutorial
How to Increase Your Nerve Bar
Your nerve bar is the amount of nerve points that you have available to commit crimes. Your nerve bar regenerates over time, at a rate of one point every five minutes. You can also refill your nerve bar by using certain items or services, such as alcohol, cannabis, LSD, 25-point refills, or pub specials.
Your natural nerve bar (NNB) is the maximum amount of nerve points that you can have without using any items or services. Your NNB starts at 15 points and can be increased by various means, such as:
- Merits: You can spend merits to increase your NNB by up to 10 points.
- Faction: You can join a faction with the Criminality upgrade and increase your NNB by up to 40 points.
- Jobs: You can work at certain jobs that increase your NNB as a special benefit, such as Pub (+15), Amusement Park (+10), or Meat Warehouse (+10).
- Education: You can complete certain courses that increase your NNB as a reward, such as Bachelor of Psychological Sciences (+1) or Master of Business Administration (+2).
The maximum NNB that you can achieve is 60 points. However, you can temporarily increase your nerve bar beyond your NNB by using items or services that boost your nerve. The maximum nerve bar that you can achieve is 125 points.
Total Daily Nerve
Daily Nerve: 288
25 Point Refill: 10-125
Alcohol: +24-96 - 24 uses per day (up to +120 nerve if in a Restaurant company)
+2 Kandy Kane
+2 Pumpkin Brew
+3 Christmas Cocktail
+3 Minty Mayhem
+3 Wicked Witch
+4 Mistletoe Madness
+4 Stinky Swamp Punch
Cannabis: +0-3, Increased Crime success rate - 16-24 uses per day
LSD: +5, Energy +50 - 3.2-3.6 uses per day
Job:+3 Law, Rank: Law Student, 5 law points
+1 Firework Stand - 1 star special, 1 job point
+2 Candle Shop - 3 star special, 1 job point
+1 Game Shop - 10 star special, 1 job point (also provides +5 energy and +50 happiness)
+? Pub - 5 star special, 25 job points, refills nerve bar (also provides +15 Max nerve at 10 stars. +50% alcohol boost at 7 stars)
+1 Ladies Strip Club - 1 star special, 1 job point
+1 Amusement Park - 1 star special, 1 job point (also provides +10 max nerve at 5 stars)
+1 Meat Warehouse - 1 star special, 1 job point (also provides +10 max nerve at 5 stars)
+? Restaurant - 10 star special, passive -25% consumable cooldown (ability to drink more alcohol)
Crime Success BoostJob: Law, reach the rank of Federal Judge. +10% Crime success - passive, even when you leave the job
+10% Hacking Success Rate (CMT2610: Computer Security and Defense)
+10% Crime Success Rate (PSY3690: Bachelor of Psychological Sciences)
Merits: +3% per upgrade (up to 30% increase)
Faction: Criminality - Crimes (up to +25%, 1% per rank)
Cannabis: Increased crime success rate (unknown?)
BooksBook : The Hamburglar's Guide To Crime
Effect: Increases crime skill & crime experience gain by 25% for 31 days
Book : The Real Dutch Courage
Effect: Doubles nerve regeneration for 31 days
Book : Self Control Is For Losers
Effect: Decreases all consumable cooldowns by 50% for 31 days
Book : Get Drunk And Lose Dignity
Effect: Doubles alcohol effects for 31 days (Note: Alcohol increases nerve by odd numbers, so a +2 Kandy Kane could give 3 or 4 nerve. Beer gives maybe +0.6-1.4, but since it's rounded to the closest number you always get the same nerve when not reading this book)
Book : Memories And Mammaries - ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS FOR CRIMES!
Effect: Takes the same effect from the last used book for 31 days
How to Increase Odds in Crime Success
Your odds of crime success depend on several factors, such as:
- Crime Experience: As mentioned before, having higher CXP levels for each crime category increases your chances of succeeding in that category.
- Nerve Bar: Having more nerve points than the minimum required for each crime also increases your chances of succeeding in that crime.
- Crime Success Boost: There are certain ways to boost your overall crime success rate by a percentage, such as:
- Job: Working as a Federal Judge gives you a passive +10% crime success boost.
- Education: Completing the course Computer Security and Defense gives you a +10% hacking success boost. Completing the course Bachelor of Psychological Sciences gives you a +10% crime success boost.
- Merits: You can spend merits to increase your crime success rate by up to 30%.
- Faction: You can join a faction with the Criminality upgrade and increase your crime success rate by up to 25%.
- Cannabis: Using cannabis increases your crime success rate by an unknown amount.
- Books: There are certain books that can enhance your crime performance for a limited time, such as:
- The Hamburglar’s Guide to Crime: This book increases your crime skill and crime experience gain by 25% for 31 days.
- The Real Dutch Courage: This book doubles your nerve regeneration for 31 days.
- Self Control Is For Losers: This book decreases all consumable cooldowns by 50% for 31 days.
- Get Drunk And Lose Dignity: This book doubles alcohol effects for 31 days.
Crime & Awards
Crime Enhancer: Pair of Glasses
Crime Enhancer: High-Speed DVD Drive
Crime Enhancer: Mountain Bike (Shoplifting)
Crime Enhancer: Chloroform (Kidnap Mayor)
Note: When kidnapping mayor you should keep $75.000 in your wallet (or send it to me for safekeeping)
Crime Enhancer: Advanced Driving Tactics
Crime Enhancer: Ergonomic keyboard (Plant Virus)
Crime Enhancer: Wireless Dongle (Hacking)
Note: Hacking will reduce your CXP, and takes long to gain merits with. It also relies on Intelligence rather then CXP.
Crime Enhancer: Tracking Device
Crime Enhancer: Wind Proof Lighter