But most engineering programs are classified among the programs that need large operational specifications to learn well because of the weight of these programs. So a lot of people are trying to figure out the best specs with which you can run these engineering software while maintaining a reasonable budget.
Through this article, we will look at the specifications of the devices that are suitable for engineering programs, taking into account maintaining a reasonable cost for it. Especially if you are a student in an engineering college, your budget is often limited.
1- What should I choose, a laptop or a desktop computer?
This question is often asked, and the answer often comes by preferring one over the other, but the fact of the matter is that each device has a specific use, and therefore according to your need, choose the device. Here's some detail.
When do I choose a laptop: If you are a person who moves a lot and needs your device to work in more than one place, then this device is more suitable for you. But be aware that desktop computers enable you to get higher specifications at a lower price.
When do I choose a desktop computer: In the event that you are a person working in the engineering fields as Freelancer, then this option is suitable for you. You will get a device with higher specifications for a lower price and certainly better performance than a laptop.
The best hardware specifications for engineering design software.
There are minimum technical requirements that must be reached if you are thinking of using a laptop for engineering programs or even a desktop computer. The following specifications remain the best:
- At least 512 GB up to 1 TB of storage (for engineering design software, an SSD is not an option but a requirement).
- At least 8 GB of RAM and if you can get to 16, even better.
- The screen resolution is at least 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Intel i5 processor (or equivalent processors such as processors from Ryzen) and make sure to get at least the advanced generations of the tenth generation processors.
- A powerful and dedicated graphics card (the more you invest in a graphics card, the better performance you will get).
- A battery that lasts for several hours before needing to be charged again if the option you want is a laptop. As for a desktop computer, you can get a PowerPlay 750W, for example.
This specification you can rely on as a minimum, and with the passage of time you can update and change the most important parts (you may have difficulty adjusting some parts of the laptop according to type and version).
How much does a device with this specification cost?
To be frank, it is difficult to give a fixed price, as prices change from time to time and from one country to another. In addition, as we mentioned earlier, the cost of obtaining a laptop is higher than obtaining a desktop device with the same specifications.
I hope that this article will prepare you, even partially, to obtain the best specifications for a device that helps student and working engineers in using various engineering design programs .