Best online html code editor
The HTML programming language is the backbone of the Internet. It is the underlying technology for everything you see on the web; From simple pages and websites to complex web applications and services. Without HTML, you wouldn't be able to surf the Internet as you know it today.
Learning the HTML programming language is not difficult, as there are an unlimited number of free online resources that help you with that. After the learning phase, the HTML skills you have learned will enable you to create websites from scratch, modify existing websites as well as interact with them.
This brings us to the need for an online HTML code editor that makes it easier for you to work with the code and allows you to test it to see the end result.
What is an HTML code editor?
After acquiring the necessary skills, you will need to create the code, modify it, and try it as well. Here comes the role of the HTML code editor, which is the tool that helps write scripts, edit them, and then run the code you wrote to test it and put it to the test.
The HTML code editor is one of the necessary tools that every experienced programmer knows its importance, as it facilitates what he does and makes the programming process happen quickly and smoothly. Most of what the HTML code editor does is that it automatically completes a lot of repetitive code in order to save you time and effort, and also helps you to detect and monitor programming errors that you may overlook, and other advantages that we cannot mention.
Code editors are available on all devices and platforms, some of which run on smartphones, and some that run on computers as a desktop program. Including online, which runs on the browser and only needs an internet connection; The latter is the subject of our article.
Features of the online html code editor
- These are all the advantages that make this online HTML code editor the best choice for many:
- This online HTML code editor runs directly in a web browser.
- It takes less effort to switch windows thanks to the split view; One part displays the code, and the other part shows a preview of the final result of the code and how it will look on the browser.
- An ideal choice for beginners who do not have much experience with HTML programming.
- It has the basic features every programmer needs in a free HTML code editor.
- It allows you to test and experiment with your HTML code on the browser only.
- It saves you the hassle of saving files to your device and uploading them to your browser every time you want to try out the code.
- It allows you to develop and modify web pages from any electronic device that has an Internet connection (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.).
- It eliminates the need to install any programs or tools on your device.
The best online HTML editors
1 - JSFiddle code editor
Among the advantages of JSFiddle editor over other editors; Advanced customizability, for example, you can customize the interface and change its design and appearance. You can also customize fonts, spacing, editor behaviors, and so on. You can access all the customization settings via the Settings option. It also allows you to specify different versions or types of supported programming languages. For example, when it comes to HTML, you can specify DocType to be HTML 5, XHTML 1.0 Strict, or HTML 4.01...etc.
JSFiddle also allows you to save your code publicly and indefinitely, and later allows you to re-access your saved code.
Also, the use of the JSFiddle editor is widely used among web developers to share code tests and share explanations among programmers, especially on the famous Stack Overflow platform.
- Modern and attractive design.
- It has an auto-complete feature.
- It has the ability to highlight syntax errors; When statement is not valid according to programming language rules.
- Rich in features, tools and features.
- Everything you need is on one page and can be accessed directly from the interface.
- Completely free.
- Popular among web developers on the Internet.
- It allows the user to save their code unlimitedly.
- It saves the codes to the editor's cloud storage.
- Allows a variety of customizations and modifications (Editor layout, Console, General, Behavior, Boilerplates).
- The only downside to JSFiddle is that it doesn't automatically update the preview of the final result of the code in real time, and you have to hit the Run button each time you want to preview the result.
- The bottom line; The best online HTML editor for writing, editing, and testing HTML code is JSFiddle, by far.
Consider JSBin Editor as a simpler alternative to JSFiddle. Perhaps you want a simple, straightforward, and easy-to-use online HTML editor to do simple tasks like modifying and trying a small snippet of HTML code, here I recommend you JSBin editor.
JSBin Editor is free and does not require you to open any account, but there are some advanced features that you will need to open a paid account to access.
- Easy to use, simple, and clear.
- Collaborative debugging between web developers.
- An open source HTML editor.
- The free version provides all the basic functions you need.
- It automatically saves any changes to the code.
- Possibility to customize the interface directly from the top toolbar.
- Automatically renders a final, complete preview of the code in real time.
- Others can help you debug your code by just sharing the URL.
- CodeCast feature which allows you to share what you write on the editor in real time.
- It allows you to download the code you've written to your device.
- It allows you to clone the page on which you are editing the code.
- It allows you to save the code you wrote as a template, so that whenever you return to the editor in the future, the saved template will be shown.
- You will need a paid Pro account to get the advanced features.
- It does not have an auto-completion feature.
- It does not highlight syntax errors.
Finally, HTML programming is an easy and direct gateway to entering the vast world of programming and understanding its basics without complication. Then comes the need for basic tools that help you as a programmer and make this special job easier for you.
What are these tools?… The short answer is code editors such as JSFiddle and JSBin, which it would be difficult for any programmer in any language to dispense with or deny their importance.