Leaks show possible sizes of Apple's iPhone 14 series
With Apple announcing its new line of phones the iPhone 14 looming plenty of users are looking forward to learning anything new about the upcoming lineup of phones from the global tech giant. Here is a new image to illustrate the new dimensions iPhone.
Possible sizes of the Apple iPhone 14 series
- It should be noted that the template shown in the image obtained from a trusted leak site was most likely used to produce third-party iPhone cases, not the actual phone. However, it seems that the information they provide is consistent with our unsubstantiated details Heard about it in recent months, especially about the size of the device.
- The first noticeable difference in the lineup is the absence of an iPhone mini model. iPhone sizes will change in 2022 and Apple is phasing out the 5.4-inch iPhone because it proved unpopular with customers.
- After seeing sluggish sales of the iPhone mini Apple is offering larger iPhone sizes for its flagship devices: the 6.1-inch iPhone 14 the 6.1-inch iPhone 14 Pro the 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Max and the 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max. The iPhone 14 models are expected to look identical to the iPhone 13 models with the same flat edges design.
- Expect small changes in camera bump size across the lineup. According to the iPhone 14 Pro plans shared by two other leakers the camera is 4.17mm thick in other words 0.57mm larger than the bumper of the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- The space occupied by the bump on the back of the iPhone will also increase by about 5% in each dimension from the current width of 35.01mm to 36.73mm and height from 36.24mm to 38.21mm We still need to find out the relative changes to the standard iPhone 14 models.
- These camera bump changes are also expected to bring improvements to the ultra-wide camera. Rumors suggest that the iPhone 14 Pro models could see major improvements to the wide-angle camera and telephoto lens.
- Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes the 2022 model will feature a 48-megapixel wide-angle camera which will be a significant improvement over the current 12-megapixel camera and 8K video recording capabilities.
- While the images only show the back of the hardware the notch is expected to be scrapped in favor of the camera's circular aperture combined with a small pill-shaped aperture. The change is expected to be limited to the Pro models while the standard iPhone 14 models will continue feature a notch.
- If Apple follows an earlier release schedule Apple is expected to show off the iPhone 14 models at an event in September 2022.
The last OS mentioned in the article to accept smartphones is the one mentioned on the company's official website at the time of writing and some smartphones may accept upgrades to newer versions of the OS.
The smartphone prices mentioned in this article are the prices listed in stores at the time of the article's publication and prices can fluctuate up and down according to market trends.